Terms & Conditions
- Detailed description of goods and/or services
Norman Goodfellows is a business in the liquor industry that sells retail & wholesale liquor & related products .
- Delivery policy
Subject to availability and receipt of payment, requests will be processed within 8 days and delivery confirmed by way email. (for e.g. booking number / booking voucher etc. and must mention the use of courier and/or postal services and associated costs, if applicable.)
- Export restriction (Optional)
The offering on this website is available to South African clients only.
Norman Goodfellows shall take all reasonable measures to accurately reflect the description, availability, purchase price and delivery charges of Products on the Website. Should however there be any errors, we shall not be liable for any loss, claim or expense relating to a transaction based on any error, other than to refund you for any amount already paid.
Norman Goodfellows shall not be bound by any incorrect information regarding our products displayed on any third party websites.
- Return and Refunds policy
The provision of goods and services by Norman Goodfellows is subject to availability. In cases of unavailability, Norman Goodfellows will refund the client in full within 30 days. Cancellation of orders by the client will attract a 0% administration fee.
(If appropriate – provide details of your policy regarding damaged goods. Also mention guarantees, warranties, etc.)
- Payment options accepted
Payment may be made via Visa, MasterCard, Diners or American Express Cards or by bank transfer into the Norman Goodfellows bank account, the details of which will be provided on request.
- Card acquiring and security
Card transactions will be acquired for Norman Goodfellows via PayGate (Pty) Ltd who are the approved payment gateway for all South African Acquiring Banks. PayGate uses the strictest form of encryption, namely Secure Socket Layer 3 (SSL3) and no Card details are stored on the website. Users may go to www.paygate.co.za to view their security certificate and security policy.
- Customer details separate from card details
Customer details will be stored by Norman Goodfellows separately from card details which are entered by the client on PayGate’s secure site. For more detail on PayGate refer to www.paygate.co.za.
- Merchant Outlet country and transaction currency
The merchant outlet country at the time of presenting payment options to the cardholder is South Africa. Transaction currency is South African Rand (ZAR).
Norman Goodfellows takes responsibility for all aspects relating to the transaction including sale of goods and services sold on this website, customer service and support, dispute resolution and delivery of goods.
- Country of domicile
This website is governed by the laws of South Africa and Norman Goodfellows chooses as its domicilium citandi et executandi for all purposes under this agreement, whether in respect of court process, notice, or other documents or communication of whatsoever nature.
- Variation Norman Goodfellows may, in its sole discretion, change this agreement or any part thereof at any time without notice.
- Company information
This website is run by Norman Goodfellows (sole trader / private company / close corporation) based in South Africa trading as with registration number 2008 01287 and Solly Kremer (Director(s)/Member(s)/Owner(s)).
- Norman Goodfellows contact details
Company Physical Address: Norman Goodfellows, 41 4th Street, Wynberg, Sandton
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: (011) 788 4814
No Sales To Under 18’s
Norman Goodfellows will not sell any alcoholic product to any person under the age of 18. We reserve the right to request proof of age (Identity document / passport).
Vintages listed online may vary to vintages in stock, please speak to your nearest store regarding available vintages etc.
Norman Goodfellows operates on a “Sale-Or-Return” basis. This means you may return goods which are unused for a full credit.
This applies to all goods EXCEPT:
- “Broken 6-packs”: Goods which are provided in sealed 6-packs – such as beers and cold drinks, for example – need to be returned in their original 6 pack packaging. We do not accept for credit any “loose” cans or bottles that were supplied as sealed 6-packs.
- Damaged goods: Any goods with damaged labels or original packaging cannot be returned for credit.
- Fresh fruit juice, ice.
Norman Goodfellows delivers to:
- Johannesburg city and Midrand. National delivery to all major centres which include Durban, Cape Town, Bloemfontein, East London, George, Kimberley, Nelspruit, Port Elizabeth, Pietersburg, Pietermaritzburg.
- A delivery charge will be calculated after the party or function and charged to the bill.
- Please ensure that there is a responsible person at your premises or venue, available to sign on delivery and collection of the goods. Norman Goodfellows will only be held responsible for the goods that are signed for on the invoice and collection note.
- Website orders may not be collected from Norman Goodfellows stores.
- A Delivery fee will be charged per web order.
Orders And Payments
We require a deposit for the function to the value of all the goods that are being delivered. This does not include any hire goods, such as glassware etc. This deposit may be provided by any form of payment that has cleared into our bank account on or before the day of delivery of the goods. The most common and convenient method of paying the deposit is by credit card. The way we process this is as follows:
- The deposit is secured on the credit card by means of a “PRE-AUTHORISATION” on the card. The funds have not been transferred to Norman Goodfellows but have been secured by virtue of a pre-authorisation number. Similar to when you rent a car.
- On completion of the function we will fax/email you the reconciliation. Once you have agreed to the amount we will then use the pre-authorisation number to secure payment.
- Any surplus between the pre-authorised amount and the final amount will automatically fall away and will not be “blocked” on the credit card.
- Norman Goodfellows reserves the right to process or reject web orders at its own circleretion.
- In the unlikely event that we do not have stock of your selected item, a member of staff will contact you as soon as possible to see if you are happy with waiting for the arrival of stock, an alternative item or a refund on the order.
Norman Goodfellows Online Promotions/Coupons
The following general terms apply to all the online promotions conducted by Norman Goodfellows unless it is explicitly stated otherwise in the Promotional coupon terms:
How to redeem your Coupon/Promotion:
- Be sure to use your coupon while it is still valid, as the expiry date on vouchers will not be extended;
- Make use of your coupon with any purchases on the Norman Goodfellows website;
- Make use of your coupon with any purchases on the Norman Goodfellows website or in any Norman Goodfellows store.
Your Coupons/Promotions cannot be:
- Used to purchase other coupons/promotions;
- Used towards purchases at any affiliated websites;
- Exchanged for cash;
- Used against purchases of Johnnie Walker Black, Johnnie Walker Red, Bells, Jameson Whisky, Jack Daniels and J&B Whisky unless specifically stated in the offer.
Promotional Coupons are issued electronically at Norman Goodfellows own circleretion. Users do not have a right to Promotional Coupons and Promotional Coupons cannot be earned. Promotional Coupons are issued under specific terms and conditions regulating when and how they may be used. As a general rule, and unless specified otherwise on the specific Promotional Coupon itself
- a Promotional Voucher can only be used with promotional offers on the Website;
- only one Promotional Voucher can be used per shopping basket; and
- the value of the Promotional Voucher will be set off against the value of your shopping basket and the balance remaining, if any, will be payable by you. Please note the following exception in this regard: should the value of the products in your shopping basket have qualified for ‘Free Delivery’, but after application of the Promotional Voucher to such basket, the remaining balance is less than the value required in order to qualify for Free Delivery, delivery costs in respect of such basket will be added and be payable by you
- In general, a specific promotion cannot be used in conjunction with another. For example, a circleount and free product promotion cannot be used together for greater benefit unless otherwise stated
- Promotions may be time constrained, depend on certain criteria being fulfilled or other specific criteria. Please refer to the small print of each individual promotion for details.
Coupons/Promotions cannot be
- used to purchase other Coupons/Promotions;
- used towards purchases at any affiliate website/s
- exchanged for cash
- Cannot be used against purchases of Johnnie Walker Black, Johnnie Walker Red, Bells, Jamesons, Jack Daniels and J&B unless specifically stated in the offer.
24hour Online Promotions
Offer applies for 24 hours only on website orders.
General Online Promotion Terms
- Offers available while stocks last.
- All prices include 15% VAT.
- Delivery not included.
- Norman Goodfellows reserves the right to limit quantities for sale of any item.
- Excludes Rare and Premium wines.
- No liquor to be sold to persons under the age of 18 years.
- Refer a friend and win beer promotion offer limited to 25 cases.
- Free prize delivery in Greater Johannesburg.
- Errors and omissions excepted (E&OE).
- Treat the Gift Card like cash – it is not a credit card.
- The Gift card is redeemable against merchandise at any Norman Goodfellows store in South Africa.
- The Gift card may be used to pay your Norman Goodfellows account
- The Gift Card may not be exchanged for cash and cannot be replaced if lost or stolen.
- The balance remaining on the card cannot be given as cash.
All competitions open to South African residents only. The winner has to be 18 years of age or older at the time of winning the prize. The winner’s ID number will have to be provided to NGF before the prize is handed over. If the winner cannot be reached within 48 hours, a new winner will be selected.
ALL SPECIALS ARE CASH AND CARRY ONLY.
Specials valid while stocks last. Prices subject to change without notice. All prices include VAT. All bottles 750ml unless otherwise stated. E&OE. TS & CS APPLY. Prices valid until 31 December 2023. Prices advertised are the lowest our suppliers will allow. If you find a better price elsewhere, please call us for a deal. Prizes are non-transferable and is the responsibility of sponsors. Norman Goodfellows reserves the right to limit the quantities for sale of any item.
Terms And Conditions
- The promoters of this competition are Norman Goodfellows a company incorporated in the Republic of South Africa and has its registered address at 41 4th Street, Wynberg, Sandton and Delaire Graff Estate a company incorporated in the Republic of South Africa and having its registered address at Helshoogte Rd, Stellenbosch, South Africa.
- All persons entering the Norman Goodfellows and Delaire Graff Estate Win a Stay for two Competition (“the promotional competition“, alternatively “the competition”) (“the entrants“) agree that the competition rules as set out in these terms and conditions are binding on them. A copy of these terms and conditions is available at the Norman Goodfellows website.
- These terms and conditions and competition rules contain certain terms and conditions which appear in similar text style to this clause and which:
- may limit the risk or liability of the promoter or a third party; and/or
- may create risk or liability for the entrant; and/or
- may compel the entrant to indemnify the promoter or a third party; and/or
- serves as an acknowledgment of a fact by the entrant.
- The entrant’s attention is drawn to these terms and conditions because they are important and should be carefully noted.
- The entrant cannot be a juristic person and must be an individual.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to or must be understood to, unlawfully restrict, limit, or avoid any rights or obligations, as the case may be, created for either the entrant or the promoter in terms of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008 (“the CPA”).
- The entrant acknowledges that by submitting his or her entry to the competition he/she has been given an appropriate opportunity to first read these terms and conditions before entering and that he/she understands and agrees to the terms and conditions.
- All entrants to this promotional competition participate entirely at their own risk. By reading and accepting these terms and conditions, the entrant gives consent to these risks and hereby indemnifies and holds harmless the promoters and Norman Goodfellows and Delaire Graff Estate, their directors, employees, and agents of any liability about any damage, cost, injuries, and losses of whatever nature sustained as a result of their participation in the competition and related events and activities, save where such damage, cost, injuries, and losses are sustained as a result of the gross negligence or willful misconduct of any indemnified party.
Rules Of The Competition
- This promotional competition opens on 01 March 2023 and closes on 31 March 2023.
- The competition is open to all individuals who purchase a bottle of Delaire Graff Wine either online or in-store at any Norman Goodfellows store.
- To enter the promotional competition, the entrant must:
- To enter the competition, the entrant must purchase a bottle of Delaire Graff and submit proof of purchase in-store for automatic entry.
- To enter the competition online, the entrant must purchase a bottle of Delaire Graff and complete the transaction for automatic entry.
- The prize:
- Stand a chance A luxury stay for two at Delaire Graff Lodges and Spa valued at R60 000.
- Prize includes:
- Complimentary breakfast at Indochine or in the comfort of your room
- A Delaire Graff wine tasting in the Wine Lounge
- Flights provided by Airlink if winners don’t live in Cape Town.
- One (1) winner in total
- Prizes are not transferable and may not be exchanged for cash or other prizes.
- Participants may enter the promotional competition as many times as they wish
- To qualify as an entrant for this promotional competition, the entrant:
- must live in the Republic of South Africa;
- must provide correct and full personal details, as required;
- must be 18 years old or older;
- cannot be a juristic entity and must be an individual; and
- The promoters, Norman Goodfellows, and Delaire Graff Estate, their directors, members, partners, employees, agents or consultants, the suppliers of goods or services in connection with this promotional competition, or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the above-named parties and their respective spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members are not permitted to participate in this promotional competition.
- Selection Of Winners
- Winners will be selected within one week of the competition closure date (this date is subject to change without notice). Delays are foreseeable over the festive period.
- Entrants to whom prizes will be awarded will be selected through a random draw.
- Winners will be contacted via email or telephonically within four weeks of the competition closure date (this date is subject to change without notice). Norman Goodfellows and Delaire Graff Estate reserves the right to disqualify a winner if he/she does not respond to the email or telephone call within one week of winner selection and randomly select a replacement winner from the competition entries. In such circumstances, the replacement winner shall be contacted via email or telephonically by Norman Goodfellows as soon as reasonably practicable and shall be required to respond to Norman Goodfellows in the manner set out in such correspondence. If the replacement winner fails to respond to Norman Goodfellows as required, then the provisions of this clause shall apply to that new winner in the same way as if he/she were the original winner. If the selected winner does not have any contact details a redraw will need to take place immediately.
- Norman Goodfellows and Delaire Graff Estate reserve the right to amend the terms and conditions as well as terminate the Competition at any time. In the event of such termination, all participants agree to waive any rights that they may have in terms of the Competition and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against Norman Goodfellows, Delaire Graff Eatate, its advertising agencies, advisors, suppliers, and nominated agents.
- By entering the competition following its terms, you are entering a promotional competition for the Consumer Protection Act, 2008 (“CPA“) and the promotional competition will be conducted by the relevant provisions of the CPA. Should you win a prize in the competition, you undertake to expeditiously do all things necessary to enable the promoter/sponsor to comply with its obligations under the CPA including, but not limited to (i) providing such personal information as may be required to facilitate handing over the prize (including providing proof of address and identity number) and (ii) signing receipt of the prize upon its delivery.
- The names of the prize winners will be published on the Norman Goodfellows and Delaire Graff Estate Websites, subject to the winners’ consent.
- Winners may be requested to take part in the promoter’s publicity campaigns or to allow their names and likenesses to be used by the promoter for promotional purposes. Winners are, however, entitled to decline such requests.
- The promoters shall conduct the competition, and the Promoters’ decision on any matter related to the competition, including the selection of prize winners is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- A copy of these rules can be found at www.ngf.co.za. Any queries can be answered by reference to the website or by calling the consumer services division on +27 (011) 788 4814 during office hours throughout the competition.