- No sales to under 18’s
- Party Services
- Orders and payments
- Norman Goodfellows Online promotions/coupons
- Promotional coupons
- 24hour online promotions
- General online promotion terms
- Gift Cards
Detailed description of goods and/or services
Norman Goodfellows is a business in the liquor industry that sells retail & wholesale liquor & related products .
Subject to availability and receipt of payment, requests will be processed within 8 days and delivery confirmed by way email. (for e.g. booking number / booking voucher etc. and must mention the use of courier and/or postal services and associated costs, if applicable.)
Export restriction (Optional)
The offering on this website is available to South African clients only.
Return and Refunds policy<
The provision of goods and services by Norman Goodfellows is subject to availability. In cases of unavailability, Norman Goodfellows will refund the client in full within 30 days. Cancellation of orders by the client will attract a 0% administration fee.
(If appropriate – provide details of your policy regarding damaged goods. Also mention guarantees, warranties, etc.)
Norman Goodfellows shall take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information of users. For the purpose of this clause, "personal information" shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 (PAIA). The PAIA may be downloaded from http://www.polity.org.za/attachment.php?aa_id=3569.
Payment options accepted
Payment may be made via Visa, MasterCard, Diners or American Express Cards or by bank transfer into the Norman Goodfellows bank account, the details of which will be provided on request.
Card acquiring and security
Card transactions will be acquired for Norman Goodfellows via PayGate (Pty) Ltd who are the approved payment gateway for all South African Acquiring Banks. PayGate uses the strictest form of encryption, namely Secure Socket Layer 3 (SSL3) and no Card details are stored on the website. Users may go to www.paygate.co.za to view their security certificate and security policy.
Customer details separate from card details
Customer details will be stored by Norman Goodfellows separately from card details which are entered by the client on PayGate’s secure site. For more detail on PayGate refer to www.paygate.co.za.
Merchant Outlet country and transaction currency
The merchant outlet country at the time of presenting payment options to the cardholder is South Africa. Transaction currency is South African Rand (ZAR).
Norman Goodfellows takes responsibility for all aspects relating to the transaction including sale of goods and services sold on this website, customer service and support, dispute resolution and delivery of goods.
Country of domicile
This website is governed by the laws of South Africa and Norman Goodfellows chooses as its domicilium citandi et executandi for all purposes under this agreement, whether in respect of court process, notice, or other documents or communication of whatsoever nature.
- Variation Norman Goodfellows may, in its sole discretion, change this agreement or any part thereof at any time without notice.
This website is run by Norman Goodfellows (sole trader / private company / close corporation) based in South Africa trading as with registration number 2008\00128\7 and Solly Kremer (Director(s)/Member(s)/Owner(s)).
Norman Goodfellows contact details
Company Physical Address: 192 Oxford Road, Illovo
Telephone: (011) 788 4814
No sales to under 18's
Norman Goodfellows will not sell any alcoholic product to any person under the age of 18. We reserve the right to request proof of age (Identity document / passport).
Vintages listed online may vary to vintages in stock, please speak to your nearest store regarding available vintages etc.
Norman Goodefellows shall take all reasonable measures to accurately reflect the description, availability, purchase price and delivery charges of Products on the Website. Should however there be any errors, we shall not be liable for any loss, claim or expense relating to a transaction based on any error, other than to refund you for any amount already paid.
Norman Goodfellows shall not be bound by any incorrect information regarding our products displayed on any third party websites.
Norman Goodfellows operates on a "Sale-Or-Return" basis. This means you may return goods which are unused for a full credit.
This applies to all goods EXCEPT:
- "Broken 6-packs": Goods which are provided in sealed 6-packs - such as beers and cold drinks, for example - need to be returned in their original 6 pack packaging. We do not accept for credit any "loose" cans or bottles that were supplied as sealed 6-packs.
- Damaged goods: Any goods with damaged labels or original packaging cannot be returned for credit.
- Fresh fruit juice, ice. Top ↑
Norman Goodfellows delivers to:
- Johannesburg city and Midrand. National delivery to all major centres which include Durban, Cape Town, Bloemfontein, East London, George, Kimberley, Nelspruit, Port Elizabeth, Pietersburg, Pietermaritzburg.
- A delivery charge will be calculated after the party or function and charged to the bill.
- Please ensure that there is a responsible person at your premises or venue, available to sign on delivery and collection of the goods. Norman Goodfellows will only be held responsible for the goods that are signed for on the invoice and collection note.
- Website orders may not be collected from Norman Goodfellows stores.
- A Delivery fee will be charged per web order. Top ↑
Orders and payments
We require a deposit for the function to the value of all the goods that are being delivered. This does not include any hire goods, such as glassware etc. This deposit may be provided by any form of payment that has cleared into our bank account on or before the day of delivery of the goods. The most common and convenient method of paying the deposit is by credit card. The way we process this is as follows:
- The deposit is secured on the credit card by means of a "PRE-AUTHORISATION" on the card. The funds have not been transferred to Norman Goodfellows but have been secured by virtue of a pre-authorisation number. Similar to when you rent a car.
- On completion of the function we will fax/email you the reconciliation. Once you have agreed to the amount we will then use the pre-authorisation number to secure payment.
- Any surplus between the pre-authorised amount and the final amount will automatically fall away and will not be "blocked" on the credit card.
- Norman Goodfellows reserves the right to process or reject web orders at its own circleretion.
- In the unlikely event that we do not have stock of your selected item, a member of staff will contact you as soon as possible to see if you are happy with waiting for the arrival of stock, an alternative item or a refund on the order. Top ↑
Norman Goodfellows Online promotions/coupons
The following general terms apply to all the online promotions conducted by Norman Goodfellows unless it is explicitly stated otherwise in the Promotional coupon terms:
How to redeem your Coupon/Promotion:
- Be sure to use your coupon while it is still valid, as the expiry date on vouchers will not be extended;
- Make use of your coupon with any purchases on the Norman Goodfellows website;
- Make use of your coupon with any purchases on the Norman Goodfellows website or in any Norman Goodfellows store.
Your Coupons/Promotions cannot be:
- Used to purchase other coupons/promotions;
- Used towards purchases at any affiliated websites;
- Exchanged for cash;
- Used against purchases of Johnnie Walker Black, Johnnie Walker Red, Bells, Jameson Whisky, Jack Daniels and J&B Whisky unless specifically stated in the offer. Top ↑
Promotional Coupons are issued electronically at Norman Goodfellows own circleretion. Users do not have a right to Promotional Coupons and Promotional Coupons cannot be earned. Promotional Coupons are issued under specific terms and conditions regulating when and how they may be used. As a general rule, and unless specified otherwise on the specific Promotional Coupon itself –
- a Promotional Voucher can only be used with promotional offers on the Website;
- only one Promotional Voucher can be used per shopping basket; and
- the value of the Promotional Voucher will be set off against the value of your shopping basket and the balance remaining, if any, will be payable by you. Please note the following exception in this regard: should the value of the products in your shopping basket have qualified for ‘Free Delivery’, but after application of the Promotional Voucher to such basket, the remaining balance is less than the value required in order to qualify for Free Delivery, delivery costs in respect of such basket will be added and be payable by you
- In general, a specific promotion cannot be used in conjunction with another. For example, a circleount and free product promotion cannot be used together for greater benefit unless otherwise stated
- Promotions may be time constrained, depend on certain criteria being fulfilled or other specific criteria. Please refer to the small print of each individual promotion for details.
Coupons/Promotions cannot be -
- used to purchase other Coupons/Promotions;
- used towards purchases at any affiliate website/s
- exchanged for cash
- Cannot be used against purchases of Johnnie Walker Black, Johnnie Walker Red, Bells, Jamesons, Jack Daniels and J&B unless specifically stated in the offer. Top ↑
24hour online promotions
Offer applies for 24 hours only on website orders. Top ↑
General online promotion terms
- Offers available while stocks last.
- All prices include 14% VAT.
- Delivery not included.
- Norman Goodfellows reserves the right to limit quantities for sale of any item.
- Excludes Rare and Premium wines.
- No liquor to be sold to persons under the age of 18 years.
- Refer a friend and win beer promotion offer limited to 25 cases.
- Free prize delivery in Greater Johannesburg.
- Errors and omissions excepted (E&OE). Top ↑
- Treat the Gift Card like cash - it is not a credit card.
- The Gift card is redeemable against merchandise at any Norman Goodfellows store in South Africa.
- The Gift card may be used to pay your Norman Goodfellows account
- The Gift Card may not be exchanged for cash and cannot be replaced if lost or stolen.
- The balance remaining on the card cannot be given as cash. Top ↑
All competitions open to South African residents only. The winner has to be 18 years of age or older at the time of winning the prize. The winner’s ID number will have to be provided to NGF before the prize is handed over. If the winner cannot be reached within 48 hours, a new winner will be selected. Top ↑