Detailed description of goods and/or services
Norman Goodfellows is a business in the liquor industry that sells retail & wholesale liquor & related products .
Subject to availability and receipt of payment, requests will be processed within 8 days and delivery confirmed by way email. (for e.g. booking number / booking voucher etc. and must mention the use of courier and/or postal services and associated costs, if applicable.)
Export restriction (Optional)
The offering on this website is available to South African clients only.
Norman Goodfellows shall take all reasonable measures to accurately reflect the description, availability, purchase price and delivery charges of Products on the Website. Should however there be any errors, we shall not be liable for any loss, claim or expense relating to a transaction based on any error, other than to refund you for any amount already paid.
Norman Goodfellows shall not be bound by any incorrect information regarding our products displayed on any third party websites.
Return and Refunds policy
The provision of goods and services by Norman Goodfellows is subject to availability. In cases of unavailability, Norman Goodfellows will refund the client in full within 30 days. Cancellation of orders by the client will attract a 0% administration fee.
(If appropriate – provide details of your policy regarding damaged goods. Also mention guarantees, warranties, etc.)
Payment options accepted
Payment may be made via Visa, MasterCard, Diners or American Express Cards or by bank transfer into the Norman Goodfellows bank account, the details of which will be provided on request.
Card acquiring and security
Card transactions will be acquired for Norman Goodfellows via PayGate (Pty) Ltd who are the approved payment gateway for all South African Acquiring Banks. PayGate uses the strictest form of encryption, namely Secure Socket Layer 3 (SSL3) and no Card details are stored on the website. Users may go to www.paygate.co.za to view their security certificate and security policy.
Customer details separate from card details
Customer details will be stored by Norman Goodfellows separately from card details which are entered by the client on PayGate’s secure site. For more detail on PayGate refer to www.paygate.co.za.
Merchant Outlet country and transaction currency
The merchant outlet country at the time of presenting payment options to the cardholder is South Africa. Transaction currency is South African Rand (ZAR).
Norman Goodfellows takes responsibility for all aspects relating to the transaction including sale of goods and services sold on this website, customer service and support, dispute resolution and delivery of goods.
Country of domicile
This website is governed by the laws of South Africa and Norman Goodfellows chooses as its domicilium citandi et executandi for all purposes under this agreement, whether in respect of court process, notice, or other documents or communication of whatsoever nature.
- Variation Norman Goodfellows may, in its sole discretion, change this agreement or any part thereof at any time without notice.
This website is run by Norman Goodfellows (sole trader / private company / close corporation) based in South Africa trading as with registration number 2008\00128\7 and Solly Kremer (Director(s)/Member(s)/Owner(s)).
Norman Goodfellows contact details
Company Physical Address: 192 Oxford Road, Illovo
Telephone: (011) 788 4814
No sales to under 18's
Norman Goodfellows will not sell any alcoholic product to any person under the age of 18. We reserve the right to request proof of age (Identity document / passport).
Vintages listed online may vary to vintages in stock, please speak to your nearest store regarding available vintages etc.
Norman Goodfellows operates on a "Sale-Or-Return" basis. This means you may return goods which are unused for a full credit.
This applies to all goods EXCEPT:
- "Broken 6-packs": Goods which are provided in sealed 6-packs - such as beers and cold drinks, for example - need to be returned in their original 6 pack packaging. We do not accept for credit any "loose" cans or bottles that were supplied as sealed 6-packs.
- Damaged goods: Any goods with damaged labels or original packaging cannot be returned for credit.
- Fresh fruit juice, ice.
Norman Goodfellows delivers to:
- Johannesburg city and Midrand. National delivery to all major centres which include Durban, Cape Town, Bloemfontein, East London, George, Kimberley, Nelspruit, Port Elizabeth, Pietersburg, Pietermaritzburg.
- A delivery charge will be calculated after the party or function and charged to the bill.
- Please ensure that there is a responsible person at your premises or venue, available to sign on delivery and collection of the goods. Norman Goodfellows will only be held responsible for the goods that are signed for on the invoice and collection note.
- Website orders may not be collected from Norman Goodfellows stores.
- A Delivery fee will be charged per web order.
Orders and payments
We require a deposit for the function to the value of all the goods that are being delivered. This does not include any hire goods, such as glassware etc. This deposit may be provided by any form of payment that has cleared into our bank account on or before the day of delivery of the goods. The most common and convenient method of paying the deposit is by credit card. The way we process this is as follows:
- The deposit is secured on the credit card by means of a "PRE-AUTHORISATION" on the card. The funds have not been transferred to Norman Goodfellows but have been secured by virtue of a pre-authorisation number. Similar to when you rent a car.
- On completion of the function we will fax/email you the reconciliation. Once you have agreed to the amount we will then use the pre-authorisation number to secure payment.
- Any surplus between the pre-authorised amount and the final amount will automatically fall away and will not be "blocked" on the credit card.
- Norman Goodfellows reserves the right to process or reject web orders at its own circleretion.
- In the unlikely event that we do not have stock of your selected item, a member of staff will contact you as soon as possible to see if you are happy with waiting for the arrival of stock, an alternative item or a refund on the order.
Norman Goodfellows Online promotions/coupons
The following general terms apply to all the online promotions conducted by Norman Goodfellows unless it is explicitly stated otherwise in the Promotional coupon terms:
How to redeem your Coupon/Promotion:
- Be sure to use your coupon while it is still valid, as the expiry date on vouchers will not be extended;
- Make use of your coupon with any purchases on the Norman Goodfellows website;
- Make use of your coupon with any purchases on the Norman Goodfellows website or in any Norman Goodfellows store.
Your Coupons/Promotions cannot be:
- Used to purchase other coupons/promotions;
- Used towards purchases at any affiliated websites;
- Exchanged for cash;
- Used against purchases of Johnnie Walker Black, Johnnie Walker Red, Bells, Jameson Whisky, Jack Daniels and J&B Whisky unless specifically stated in the offer.
Promotional Coupons are issued electronically at Norman Goodfellows own circleretion. Users do not have a right to Promotional Coupons and Promotional Coupons cannot be earned. Promotional Coupons are issued under specific terms and conditions regulating when and how they may be used. As a general rule, and unless specified otherwise on the specific Promotional Coupon itself
- a Promotional Voucher can only be used with promotional offers on the Website;
- only one Promotional Voucher can be used per shopping basket; and
- the value of the Promotional Voucher will be set off against the value of your shopping basket and the balance remaining, if any, will be payable by you. Please note the following exception in this regard: should the value of the products in your shopping basket have qualified for ‘Free Delivery’, but after application of the Promotional Voucher to such basket, the remaining balance is less than the value required in order to qualify for Free Delivery, delivery costs in respect of such basket will be added and be payable by you
- In general, a specific promotion cannot be used in conjunction with another. For example, a circleount and free product promotion cannot be used together for greater benefit unless otherwise stated
- Promotions may be time constrained, depend on certain criteria being fulfilled or other specific criteria. Please refer to the small print of each individual promotion for details.
Coupons/Promotions cannot be
- used to purchase other Coupons/Promotions;
- used towards purchases at any affiliate website/s
- exchanged for cash
- Cannot be used against purchases of Johnnie Walker Black, Johnnie Walker Red, Bells, Jamesons, Jack Daniels and J&B unless specifically stated in the offer.
24hour online promotions
Offer applies for 24 hours only on website orders.
General online promotion terms
- Offers available while stocks last.
- All prices include 14% VAT.
- Delivery not included.
- Norman Goodfellows reserves the right to limit quantities for sale of any item.
- Excludes Rare and Premium wines.
- No liquor to be sold to persons under the age of 18 years.
- Refer a friend and win beer promotion offer limited to 25 cases.
- Free prize delivery in Greater Johannesburg.
- Errors and omissions excepted (E&OE).
Diageo SA win a Tanqueray Trolley
1 Terms and Conditions
- 1.1 A copy of these terms and conditions is available at www.diageo.co.za.
- 1.2 This competition is organised by Diageo South Africa (Pty) Ltd (registration number: 1964/003344/07) (“Diageo SA”) and Norman Goodfellows (Pty) Ltd (registration number: 2008/001284/07) (collectively “the promoters”).
- 1.3 These terms and conditions contain certain terms and conditions which (i) may limit the risk or liability of the promoters or a third party, (ii) may create risk or liability for you; and/or (iii) may compel you to indemnify Diageo SA or a third party; and/or (iv) may be an acknowledgement of any fact by you.
- 1.4 You acknowledge that by submitting your entry to the competition, you have been given an appropriate opportunity to first read and understand these terms and conditions before entering the competition and you agree to them.
- 1.5 Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to, or must be understood to unlawfully restrict, limit or avoid any rights or obligations created for either the entrant or the promoter in terms of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008 ("the CPA").
- 1.6 All entrants to this promotional competition participate entirely at their own risk. By reading and accepting these terms and conditions, the entrant gives consent to these risks and hereby indemnifies and holds harmless the promoters, their directors, employees and agents of any and all liability pertaining to any damage, cost, injuries and losses of whatever nature sustained as a result of their participation in the competition and related events and activities, save where such damage, cost, injuries and losses are sustained as a result of the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of any indemnified party.
- 1.7 Applicable Liquor Laws apply.
2 Rules of the Competition
- 2.1 The competition commences on 01 October 2018 and ends on 31 December 2018.
- 2.2 You will only be eligible to enter this competition if:
- 2.2.1 you are a natural person over the age of 18 at the date of entry. You will be required to submit valid identification documentation in order to verify your age if you win;
- 2.2.2 you are a South African resident.
- 2.2.3 the entrant cannot be a juristic entity and must be an individual;
- 2.2.4 you are not a director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant to Diageo SA, Norman Goodfellows or participating promoters above, or any marketing service provider in respect of the promotional competition or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the promoter/s or suppliers of goods or services in connection with this competition, or the spouse, life partner, parent, child, brother, sister, business partner or associate of such a person;
- 2.2.5 it is not unlawful to supply the prize to you in terms of any legislation or public regulation and Diageo SA reserves the right to require proof that it will not be unlawful to supply the prize to you;
- 2.2.6 you have not in the previous 3 (three) months from the entry date of the competition accepted and been awarded a prize from a competition run by the Diageo/ Promoters.
- 2.3 To enter this competition and stand a chance to win:
- 2.3.1 purchase a bottle of 750ml Tanqueray London Dry or 750ml Tanqueray No TEN from a Norman Goodfellows store or online at https://www.ngf.co.za.
- 2.3.2 SMS the last 4 digits of the barcode to 48497 and follow the prompts that will direct users to a competition microsite where details of the entrant and proof of purchase can be uploaded (an internet connection is required). Entries are only considered valid and complete when the till slip upload clearly shows the product purchased, the Norman Goodfellows outlet or online channel where the purchase was made, the date and time of the transaction and where such purchase was made before, or reasonably at, the time of entry. (SMS entries cost R1.00, free SMSes and SMS bundles do not apply. Errors will be billed for)
- 2.3.3 purchases of 750ml Tanqueray No TEN will be allocated a bonus second entry.
- 2.3.4 proof of purchase (physical till slip) must be retained in order to be able to redeem the prize if selected.
- 2.3.5 your entry will be withdrawn if the product used to enter the competition was returned to the retailer.
- 2.3.6 your entry will be withdrawn if the purchase used to enter the competition was made by a person other than the entrant.
3 The Prize:
- 3.1 The prize consists of a Tanqueray trolley, Tanqueray branded glasses, Tanqueray product, Fever Tree Tonic Water and a R2 000 Woolworths gift card. The total prize value is R20 000.
- 3.2 The prize is not transferable and may not be deferred, changed or exchanged for cash or any other item. Diageo SA reserves the right to alter the prize to a prize of comparable commercial value.
- 3.3 The winner may be required to take part in publicity and participation in the competition is conditional upon agreement to take part in such publicity. Participants will not be entitled to any payment or other remuneration for any such publicity or otherwise. All and any materials, including publicity materials, will be the sole property of Diageo SA and Spar.
- 3.4 To the extent that any taxes, duties, levies or other charges may be levied on a prize by the government or any other competent government or regulatory body, the winner will be liable therefore, and the promoters will not increase the value of the prize to compensate for such charges.
- 3.5 Should you win the prize, you undertake to expeditiously do all things necessary to enable the promoters to comply with their obligations under the CPA.
4 Selection of the winner
- 4.1 The winner will be selected and contacted within four weeks of the competition closure date (this date is subject to change without notice).
- 4.2 The winner will be selected through a random draw by Diageo SA.
- 4.3 The winner will be contacted by VPAS via the telephone number that was used to send the entry SMS.
- 4.4 Diageo SA reserve the right to disqualify a winner if they do not respond to the telephone call within two days of contact and randomly select a replacement winner from the competition entries. If the replacement winner cannot be contacted within the same time constraints the prize will be forfeited back to the promoters and no further winners shall be selected.
- 4.5 Successfully contacted winners will be sent an SMS which contains a link to a fulfilment microsite where the winner is able to upload a copy of their ID, sign the Diageo winner declaration and provide a delivery address where the winner is available to sign for the delivery between 8am – 5pm Monday – Friday. Failure to complete this process within 5 days will result in the winner forfeiting the prize.
- 4.6 The selected winner will be subject to further validation checks, which include, but are not limited to, ensuring the winner is not an employee of Diageo SA.
- 4.7 The prize will be shipped to the winner’s nominated address within the borders of South Africa. ID verification will need to be presented to the delivery person. Should the winner or their nominated person not be present at the point of delivery and/or not have ID verification available when the delivery is attempted, the prize will not be released and a second delivery attempt will be scheduled. Should such an occurrence be repeated at the second delivery attempt the winner will lie failed to meet their obligations and the prize will be forfeited.
- 5.1 By entering the competition in accordance with its terms, you are entering a promotional competition for the purposes of the Consumer Protection Act, 2008 ("CPA") and the promotional competition will be conducted in accordance with the relevant provisions of the CPA. Should you win the prize in the competition, you undertake to expeditiously do all things necessary to enable the promoter/sponsor to comply with its obligations under the CPA including, but not limited to (i) providing such personal information as may be required in order to facilitate handing over the prize (including providing proof of address and identity number) and (ii) signing receipt of the prize upon its delivery.
- 5.2 Diageo SA reserve the right to amend the terms and conditions as well as terminate the promotional competition at any time, for any reason they reasonably deem necessary. In the event of such termination, all participants agree to waive any rights that they may have in terms of the promotional competition and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against Diageo SA, its advertising agencies, advisors, suppliers and nominated agents.
- 5.3 The name of the prize winners will be published on the Diageo SA website, subject to the winner’s consent.
- 5.4 The winner may be requested to take part in the promoter's publicity campaigns or to allow their names and likenesses to be used by the promoter for promotional purposes, this is subject to clause 5.3.
- 5.5 The promoters shall conduct the competition, and the Promoters’ decision on any matter related to the competition, including the selection of the prize winner is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- 5.6 If the winner fails to comply with any of these rules or the terms of acceptance of the prize, or if they refuse to sign the Diageo SA winner declaration or the Diageo SA winner prize acceptance form, this will be construed as a rejection of the prize and then, without prejudice to any other remedy which Diageo SA and its associates may have, the winner will be automatically disqualified and will forfeit the prize.
- 5.7 By entering this competition you accept and give Diageo the right to send you promotional content in the form of competitions and the like. You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional content by contacting us on the below contact details.
- 5.8 You further accept and give Diageo the right to transfer, where applicable, your personal information:
- 5.8.1 to any of its third parties for the purpose of processing the information which shall accord with the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (POPI); and
- 5.8.2 outside of South Africa, such transfer shall confirm with the provisions of POPI.
- 5.9 The laws of South Africa govern these terms and conditions and participants agree to be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the South African courts.
- 5.10 Any queries in this regard, and a copy of these rules can be found at www.diageo.co.za or by calling the consumer services division on 0800 600 230 during office hours throughout the period of the competition.
- Treat the Gift Card like cash - it is not a credit card.
- The Gift card is redeemable against merchandise at any Norman Goodfellows store in South Africa.
- The Gift card may be used to pay your Norman Goodfellows account
- The Gift Card may not be exchanged for cash and cannot be replaced if lost or stolen.
- The balance remaining on the card cannot be given as cash.
All competitions open to South African residents only. The winner has to be 18 years of age or older at the time of winning the prize. The winner’s ID number will have to be provided to NGF before the prize is handed over. If the winner cannot be reached within 48 hours, a new winner will be selected.