Why Prosecco Is the Best Brunch Drink
Its crispness, lightness, and effervescence make it the perfect accompaniment to brunch dishes, adding a touch of celebration and sophistication to any gathering. Choosing high-quality prosecco from a trusted supplier like Norman Goodfellows ensures a memorable and enjoyable brunch experience. You will notice a difference not only in taste, but with the overall quality of the drink itself when you invest in premium Prosecco.
What is Prosecco Drink?
Prosecco is a sparkling wine known for its vibrant and fruity flavours. Made primarily from the Glera grape, it undergoes a secondary fermentation using the Charmat method, which takes place in stainless steel tanks rather than individual bottles. This production method preserves the wine's fresh and lively character.
Unlike Champagne and other sparkling wines, Prosecco tends to be more approachable, lighter in body, and often more affordable. It offers a delightful alternative for those seeking a versatile and accessible sparkling wine option.
How to Drink Prosecco
Prosecco is a high-class sparkling wine and should be treated as such. To fully appreciate the qualities and flavours of prosecco, follow these guideline below:
- Serving temperature: Prosecco is best served chilled to enhance its refreshing qualities. Aim for a serving temperature between 40 to 45°F (4 to 7°C). This ensures the wine remains crisp and preserves its delicate flavours.
- Glassware: Serve prosecco in tulip-shaped flutes or white wine glasses. These glassware options help capture the wine's effervescence and allow its aromas to unfold.
- Pairing with food: Prosecco's versatility allows it to pair well with a variety of brunch foods. It complements dishes like smoked salmon, eggs Benedict, fresh fruits, and light pastries. The wine's acidity and bubbles cleanse the palate between bites, enhancing the overall brunch experience.
Tips for enjoying Prosecco:
- Sip prosecco slowly to savour its delicate flavours and effervescence.
- Experiment with garnishes like berries, herbs, or a splash of fruit juice to create personalised variations.
Be creative and have fun in discovering your preferred style of prosecco enjoyment.
When Do You Drink Prosecco?
Prosecco is a fitting choice for various occasions. There’s no set time you can enjoy Prosecco, but we have highlighted when you can indulge in a glass of sparkling Prosecco.
- Brunch: Prosecco's refreshing character and ability to harmonize with brunch flavours have made it a staple in brunch culture. Its lightness and lower alcohol content make it ideal for daytime gatherings.
- Celebrations: Prosecco brings a sense of joy and celebration to any special event. Toasting with prosecco adds an effervescent touch to birthdays, bridal showers, and anniversaries.
- Cocktail parties: Prosecco serves as a versatile base for a variety of sparkling cocktails. Its fruity notes and bubbles elevate classic concoctions such as the Bellini or Aperol Spritz, offering guests a refreshing and festive experience.
Drinks Made with Prosecco
There are many appetising drinks out there that are crafted with the beautiful bubbles of Prosecco. Here are just some of the delightful beverages that contain Prosecco:
- Classic prosecco cocktails: Explore timeless favourites like the Bellini (prosecco + peach puree) or the Aperol Spritz (prosecco + Aperol + soda water). These cocktails showcase the versatility of prosecco and its ability to complement different flavours.
- Prosecco spritz variations: Experiment with variations of the spritz by adding different liqueurs or fruit purees to prosecco. Create personalized twists by incorporating ingredients like elderflower, raspberry, or grapefruit.
- Non-alcoholic drinks with prosecco: Craft refreshing mocktails by combining prosecco with sparkling water, fruit juices, or flavoured syrups. These alcohol-free alternatives allow everyone to enjoy the effervescence and flavours of prosecco.
- Unique prosecco-based drinks to try: Explore creative recipes such as prosecco sangria, prosecco margaritas, or prosecco floats. These unique concoctions showcase the versatility of prosecco and provide a delightful departure from the traditional offerings.
Norman Goodfellows: Your Trusted Prosecco Supplier
When selecting prosecco for your brunch or special occasion, consider Norman Goodfellows, a trusted premium supplier of fine beverages such as wine, beers, spirits and more. With an extensive range of high-quality prosecco brands, including renowned names like La Marca, Mionetto, and Bisol, Norman Goodfellows ensures you find the perfect bottle to suit your preferences. Our expertise and commitment to quality make them the ideal choice for all your prosecco needs.
Prosecco's crispness, lightness, and versatility make it the ultimate brunch drink. By following proper serving techniques, exploring different cocktails, and sourcing high-quality prosecco from trusted suppliers like Norman Goodfellows, you can elevate your brunch experience. Embrace the effervescence and flavours of prosecco, and enjoy the sparkling moments it brings to your brunch gatherings and celebrations.
FAQ Why Prosecco Is the Best Brunch Drink
Is prosecco only good for brunch?
Prosecco is commonly associated with brunch, but it is not limited to brunch alone. It can be enjoyed at various occasions and can be a versatile choice for many different settings.
How long does prosecco last once opened?
Once opened, Prosecco typically retains its freshness and carbonation for about 3 to 5 days if stored properly.
Can I use prosecco in cooking?
Yes, Prosecco can be used in cooking to add extra flavour and enhance the taste of various dishes. It’s sparkling and fruity characteristics can lend a delightful touch to both sweet and savoury recipes.