Spritz up your Festive Season Cocktail Party
Jingle Bells, Mistle Toe, Christmas Crackers… the word is out! Christmas is only just around the corner. And, when you hear the words ‘’Christmas’’, you immediately think of the traditional mouthwatering treats like mince pies, yummy ham, a gigantic turkey, subtle flavours of cinnamon and nutmeg and of course, all the traditional Christmas cocktails.
And a few days after Christmas, we have New Year’s Eve…. Another excuse to whip out the all-time favourite cocktail recipes.
No matter what holiday you celebrate over the festive period, the indulgence isn’t limited to just dinner and dessert. During the merriment of the holiday season, many people focus on planning what food recipes to serve, but often forget about the most important course – your holiday cocktails!
Toast and get toasty with these festive drinks, sure to please your guests. Norman Goodfellows has put together the tastiest festive holiday cocktail and drink recipes to spice up your party and get-togethers.
Spread cheer by saying Cheers with Norman Goodfellows favourite Christmas Cocktail recipes
Capture all the flavours of the classic Christmas ginger biscuit in this simple prosecco cocktail you can make in minutes – ideal for fuss-free festive entertaining.
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp. ginger cordial
- 50ml hazelnut liqueur (try Frangelico from our store)
- 350ml Prosecco (we suggest Zonin Presecco)
- 25g roll-out icing or marzipan
- 4 mini gingerbread men
- Put 4 Champagne flutes in the fridge for 15 mins. When you’re ready to serve, mix together the lemon juice, ginger cordial and hazelnut liqueur in a small jug. Take the Champagne flutes out of the fridge, pour in the mixture, then top up each glass with Prosecco.
- Roll the icing into 4 small balls, then gently press them onto the rims to help you secure the mini gingerbread men. Serve immediately.
Cranberry Sea Breeze Punch
Get the party started with this refreshing punch. Our little tip – make fruit ice cubes to stop the cranberries from sinking to the bottom of the glass.
- 100g fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1l cranberry juice
- 500ml vodka (we suggest Absolut)
- 400ml grapefruit
- 2 limes, cut into round slices
- Using two ice cube trays, put one or two cranberries in each square, fill with water and freeze until solid.
- Pour the cranberry juice, vodka and grapefruit juice into a punch bowl or large pouring jug and add the lime slices. Add some ice and half the cranberry ice cubes. Divide the remaining cranberry ice cubes between the glasses, then pour in the punch.
Mince Pie Martini
This clever cocktail packs all the classic flavours of spiced, fruity mince into a perfect Christmas party cocktail.
- 100g golden caster sugar
- 50g fruit mince
- 4 tbsp. caster sugar
- 4 tsp mixed spice
- 100ml gin
- 100ml sweet red vermouth (try Cinzano)
- 20ml dark rum (Captain Morgan is a good option)
- To make a fruit mince syrup, put 100ml water, the golden caster sugar and fruit mince in a pan and bring to the boil. Cool and strain though muslin into a sieve. Separately, mix the caster sugar and mixed spice, then dampen the rims of 4 Martini glasses and dip in the sugar and spice mixture.
- Muddle the fruit mince in a cocktail shaker (you may need to make in 2 batches), then add the gin, sweet red vermouth, dark rum, 80ml fruit mince syrup and ice. Shake well and strain into your prepared glass.
Add a dash of festive spirit to any Christmas party with this vivid red tequila, cranberry and triple sec cocktail, decorated with an orange sugar rim. Perfect for Christmas Eve!
- 1 tsp clear honey
- finely grated zest and juice 1 orange
- 1 tbsp. coarse sea salt
- 1 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 200ml tequila (why not try our favourite?)
- juice 1 lime
- 200ml cranberry juice
- 50ml triple sec (we suggest Bols Curaco)
- Using a fine, clean paintbrush, paint a thin layer of honey around the rim of 4 Margarita or Martini glasses. In a saucer, combine the orange zest, salt and sugar, then turn the glasses upside down and dip them into the mixture. Put the glasses in the fridge to chill.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the orange juice, tequila, lime juice, cranberry juice, triple sec and ice, and shake to combine. When the outside of the shaker feels cold, strain the mixture into your prepared glasses and serve.
And why not try this festive fun drink specifically for the men! You can get all the ingredients right here from us at Norman Goodfellows.
Bulleit Bourbon Boilermaker
Fill a pint glass with Red Rock Rusty Trigger Lager.
Top up a shot glass with Bulleit Bourbon.