Sláinte to the paddy starters!
March 17th is one of the most brew-tiful days of the year when the Irish and Irish at heart celebrate St Patrick’s Day. From the bountiful amount of beer and Guinness to the green streamers and confetti, St Paddy’s Day deserves to be celebrated. Feel lucky and say, “Sláinte!”with this shamrock-ing cocktail.
50ml Irish whiskey
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp orange juice
½ tbsp simple syrup
2 orange slices
Green sugar to garnish
- Dip the rim of your tumbler in lemon juice and then in your green sugar
- Fill the tumbler with ice and add the orange slices
- To a cocktail shaker, add ice, Irish whiskey, lemon and orange juice, and simple syrup (alternatively, use a jar or travel mug)
- Shake well
- Strain the liquid into your tumbler
- Serve with a green straw
GREEN SUGAR METHOD
- Mix a ¼ cup of sugar with 2 drops of green food colouring