5 Reasons Why Drinking Cider Is the New Cool
As connoisseurs of fine beverages, here at Norman Goodfellows we’ve noticed a sparkling trend emerging amongst our trendy and cool customers – drinking cider. Join us as we unveil the five compelling reasons why cider has emerged as the new embodiment of cool.
Reason #1: Cider is a Versatile Drink
Imagine a drink that effortlessly adapts to your mood and culinary aspirations. Cider, with its versatile nature, is more than a drink; it's an invitation to creativity. Whether savoured on its own, blended into tantalizing cocktails, or harmonizing with a delectable dish, cider's flexibility is a playground for your palate.
Reason #2: Cider is Gluten-Free
For those with discerning palates and specific dietary preferences, cider emerges as a shining star. Beyond its refreshing allure lies a gluten-free haven that embraces those with sensitivities and preferences. Embrace the liberty of sipping a beverage that delights the senses without triggering dietary concerns.
Reason #3: Cider is a Healthier Alternative to Beer
Elevate your glass to a choice that not only tantalizes the taste buds but also aligns with a health-conscious lifestyle. Cider unveils a realm of health benefits, including a lower calorie and sugar content that supports mindful consumption.
Reason #4: Cider is a Refreshing Drink for All Seasons
As seasons shift and moods transform, cider remains an evergreen companion. Whether it's the embrace of a chilled glass on a scorching summer day or the warmth of a mulled cider on a winter's eve, cider stands as a testament to adaptability.
Reason #5: Cider is Trending
In a world where trends come and go, one movement has taken center stage – the rise of cider. With a surge in popularity that reverberates through glasses and conversations, cider has carved its place as the epitome of what's "in." As gatherings become more vibrant and palates more discerning, the choice of cider has become an affirmation of taste, a symbol of the new cool that resonates with enthusiasts worldwide.
Different Types and Brands of Ciders To Try in South Africa
So, you’ve been convinced and you are game to try drinking ciders! What are the different types of ciders on the market to try and what are the most popular brands in SA? As one of the largest growing cider markets in the world, we’ve curated a list of the most popular cider brews and brands in South Africa right now:
- Hunters Dry - one of the most recognized and widely consumed cider brands in South Africa, known for its dry and crisp taste.
- Savanna - another popular cider brand that offers a range of flavours, including Original, Loco Lemon, and Blackbeard.
- Redd's - offers a variety of fruit-flavoured ciders, including Apple, Strawberry & Kiwi, and Cranberry.
- Flying Fish - while technically a flavoured beer, Flying Fish offers a unique fusion of beer and cider with fruit flavours like Lemon, Lime, and Orange.
- Twisted Tree - offers a range of flavoured ciders, such as Ginger Lime, Pineapple Crush, and Berry Blaze.
- Windhoek Fruit Cooler - produced by Namibia Breweries Limited, this brand offers a range of fruit-flavoured alcoholic beverages, including cider-like options.
- Amstel Radler - while primarily known for its beer, Amstel also offers a Radler variant, which is a mix of beer and fruit juice, similar to cider.
- King's Gold - offers a selection of ciders, including Apple and Apple & Ginger flavours.
- SXollie - a craft cider brand that emphasizes using locally sourced apples and unique flavour combinations.
- Strongbow - a globally recognized cider brand that is also available in South Africa, offering options like Original, Red Berries, and Gold Apple.
As we raise our glasses to the essence of cool, let's toast to the embodiment of taste, versatility, and trendsetting – cider. We extend an invitation to embrace this effervescent revolution, to explore its nuances and delights, and to indulge in a cider that celebrates the essence of cool.
Visit Norman Goodfellows and unlock the world of cider today – where cool isn't just a trend; it's a way of life. Cheers to the new era of cool, embodied in the golden hues of cider. Try these ciders for the summer or hot weather conditions, as alcoholic and non-alcoholic ciders are a cool trend nowadays.