“Gin lovers of the world rejoice as World Gin Day returns on the 09th June 2018”
1. Gin Fizz
- 50ml gin (Inverroche Classic)
- 30ml lemon juice
- 10ml sugar syrup
- 1 tsp sugar
- 20ml lightly whipped egg white (optional)
- Chilled soda water (quantity to taste)
Get your shake on:
Shake up the gin, lemon juice, sugar syrup, sugar and egg white (if using) in a cocktail mixer with a little ice and strain into a glass half-filled with ice cubes. Top up with the soda water and enjoy with your friends.
2. Opal Martini
Shake it up:
Place all ingredients in a shaker with ice, give it a shake around, pour through strainer into a Martini glass. Garnish with a twist of orange peel.
Once you have tried and tested your cocktails, why not pair them with some yummy foods to really get the party started.
Both of the above cocktails will pair nicely with spicy foods, which is great as we are going into winter now.
But if you are feeling for more of a canape meal, why not try a cheese board?
Some foods suggestions to pair with the above 2 cocktails, or with any gin cocktail are:
- Cheeseboard – strong cheeses such as Stilton (blue cheese) or a very mature cheddar cheese with a nice underlying spiciness and bite
- Platters – why not fry up some samoosas, chilli bites, jalapeno poppers and serve with a hummus or spicy dip of your choice
If you and your friends are more partial to the sweeter side of life, pair your gin cocktails with some ice-cream with fresh berries or even a sorbet that has a slight sharpness to it.
What are you waiting for, call up your friends, make those cocktails and have a feast that will be talked about for months afterwards…