Have you been searching for some excellent wine recipes to use with your selection of Steenberg Wines? Then you’re in the right place.
Try out these delicious recipes which pair beautifully with your Steenberg wine.
1: Pork Chops in a White Wine Sauce
This is a simple recipe for bone-in pork chops combined with a white pan sauce using a Steenberg 1682 Chardonnay.
- 4 bone-in pork chops
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 226g of sliced mushrooms
- 1 yellow onion (sliced)
- 1/2 cup Steenberg 1682 Chardonnay
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Brush each pork chop with olive oil and salt.
- Start heating a large skillet over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Add in the pork chops and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. When browned, flip over the pork chops and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Following this, move the pork chops to a plate, and add butter, mushrooms and onions into the hot pan. Sauté the mixture until soft for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add in your Chardonnay and cook for 1 minute until the wine reduces. Now reduce the heat, add in the heavy cream and stir until you have a sauce.
- Finally, turn the heat to a lower setting and put your pork chops back into the pan and cover with foil until the chops are fully cooked.
2: Garlic Chicken with White Wine Sauce
Feel like chicken? Then this is the recipe for you to use with your Steenberg Sparkling Sauvignon Blanc.
- 4 kg chicken thighs or breasts
- Salt and black pepper
- 2-3 whole heads of garlic
- Olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups (300 ml) Steenberg Sparkling Sauvignon Blanc
- 6 thyme sprigs
- Trim the chicken pieces of fat and sprinkle with salt.
- Peel the garlic cloves and lightly crush them.
- Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil on medium-high heat. Brown the chicken pieces for 2 to 3 minutes per side, and remove them when browned.
- For the garlic sauce, sauté garlic until golden brown for around 4 minutes. Remember to add in the left-over liquid from the cooked chicken with the garlic sauce mixture.
- Add your Steenberg wine, thyme, chicken and cook the chicken until done. Reduce the heat to medium low while cooking.
- Cover the pan and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes. Double check the chicken is cooked thoroughly by checking there is no pink colour left when you slice in slightly.
- Once the chicken is done, season it with salt and pepper. You can then serve it with the sauce you created.
3: Red Wine Spaghetti with Walnuts and Parsley
Have a craving for delicious spaghetti and perhaps some lovely Steenberg Stately Red? Try out this awesome recipe.
- 5 cups water
- 3 1/4 cups of Steenberg Stately Red
- 2 to 3 cups of spaghetti
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Black pepper
- Using a saucepan, combine water with 3 cups of your Steenberg Stately Red wine, add in a pinch of salt and bring everything to the boil.
- Add the spaghetti and cook, stirring, until al dente. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Heat 2 tbsp. of the oil in a skillet. Add the garlic and red pepper, with salt and cook over medium-heat for 1 minute.
- Add 1/4 cup of your wine with the cooking liquid you set aside. Bring everything to a simmer. Now stir in the spaghetti and cook for 2 minutes.
- Following this, add in parsley, nuts, ½ cup of cheese and 2 tbsp. of oil. Toss everything together. Season with salt and pepper, and serve.
We hope you enjoy cooking with your Steenberg wines. Remember to check out more of our blog posts for some delicious recipes and helpful tips!